I was in a really foul mood today and was more than ready for it to change, when I decided to read the latest volume of Giant Days, and lo and behold it worked like magic.
Freshman year is finally coming to a close and Daisy, Susan, and Esther say goodbye to Catterick Hall forever. Literally forever. It’s being bulldozed and re-purposed as a luxury dorm next semester. But as one door closes, another opens and between end of semester hookups, music festivals, and moving into their first home together, the life experiences are just getting started.I’ve been following the adventures of the Giant Days group for over a year now, so I felt like a proud mother when I got to see the ending of Daisy, Susan, and Esther’s freshman year. They’ve been through quite a lot together, and I’m beyond ecstatic that I got to tag along.
So without further ado, here are some of my favorite moments the group went through in this volume (with a few subtle spoilers ahead):
- Esther finding a way to make money with the help of Ed, but then it turns out to be a shifty kind of business deal.The Saul-Goodman-type lawyer that helped them out made it all the more laugh-out-loud worthy.
- Susan is still mournful about McGraw moving on with new his girlfriend, Emilia Martinez.The mention of the song More Than Words made me crack a smile thanks to Noora Sætre.
- Speaking of music, getting to see the girls at the Avon Valley festival was exciting as hell. Especially having Daisy – my favorite- out and about enjoying the fresh air and the songs.
- Also, shoutout to this subtle shoutout given to the Steven Universe characters in the background:
- I was over the moon when both Daisy and Esther wanted to be the mom-friend:
- And another wave of proudness fled over me (I can’t help it) when the girls went furniture shopping at IKEA for their new home:#relatable.
All in all: I’m excited to see what the start of year two will hold in stores for us. I cannot wait!!