Since it’s October 3rd, I thought it was the perfect time to do the Mean Girls book tag created by Sarah Jane @ TheBookLife on YouTube!
Before we start, I just wanted to mention that this tag was truly one of the funniest and funnest I’ve had the pleasure to answer.
1. “It’s pronounced like Cady” – Which fictional character’s names did you get completely wrong?Source
Étienne from Anna and the french kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
I only discovered my pronunciation mistake the second time I read this book. I thought it was Eh-ten-ye instead of Eh-t-yen. And though I now know the right way to pronounce Étienne’s name, my mind won’t hinder and I always end up saying: Eh-ten-ye…
2. “She doesn’t even go here!” – Which character would you like to place in a fictional world from another book or series?Source
I would, without a doubt, put Evie from The Diviners in The Raven Cycle. I feel like she and Calla would get along really well.
3. “On Wednesdays we wear pink!” – Repetition. Repetition. Which book gave you dejavu of another book whilst reading it?
Delilah “Lila” Bard characterzation from A Darker Shade of Magic really, really reminded me of Inej Ghafa in Six of Crows. It’s been awhile since I read the books, but I still remember that both characters were excellent with knives and wanted to be buy a boat, get a crew, and learn how to sail.
4. “You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores.” – Which book gave you the complete opposite of girl power feels?
Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke. This book still makes me cringe because of the flat and undeveloped characters. I mean, the girl-on-girl hate in particular threw me off – there was no reason to add it to the story, it only made Wink and Poppy feel more like caricatures compared to incredibly real life females.
But to even it out, Beauty Queens by Libba Bray is the book you have to read to really understand girl-power at its core.
5. “You go Glen Coco!” – Name a character you felt like you wanted to cheer on whilst reading.Source
Inej Ghafa from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.
She literally could have just been sitting on her bed with Nina, and I would have felt like a proud mother.
6. “Get in loser, we’re going shopping!” – How long do you typically spend at a book shop?
Probably 15 minutes at the most if I know what I’m buying. But if I’m browsing it can take 30-45 minutes.
7. “It’s not my fault you’re like in love with me or something!” – Which character would have to get out a restraining order on you, if they were real?
I’m going to go with Emilienne from The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender because I would love to know all her life stories. But knowing myself, I’d probably get too intimidated to come up to her in the first place.
8. “I can’t help it that I’m popular.” – Which overhyped book were you cautious about reading?
God, so many… but the one that stands out the most is The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.Source
This series stands out the most because I ended up absolutely loving the cast of characters. They’re still one of my favorites to this day.
9. “She’s a life ruiner. She ruins peoples lives.” – We all love Regina George. Name a villain you couldn’t help but love.Source
Kaz Brekker, my favorite bastard of the Barrel. I don’t know why exactly, but he has my heart through and through. I remember completely falling in love with his character when I got to know his backstory—it is one of the most heartbreaking ones to date. How can you not love him?
10. “I’m not like a regular Mom, I’m a cool Mom.” – Your favourite fictional parents.
I absolutely loved Maura Sargent from The Raven Cycle because she reminded me a lot of my own mother. They both feel like home inside my heart.
11. “That is so Fetch!” – Which book or series would you love to catch on?
Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray.
The sequel to The Diviners is such an epic one, but I unfortunately haven’t heard a lot of people talk about it. I’m hoping that will change with the third one coming out soon (-ish).
I know I cannot wait for what’s to come next!
P.S. I love Sam Lloyd and his mother.
12. “How do I even begin to explain Regina George?” – Describe your ideal character to read about.
I love any character that’s a little magical and a little realist. The one that springs to mind most is: Adam Parrish from The Raven Cycle.Source
Adam, I find, is the perfect combination of what I’m always looking for in books: he has his problems and fortunes both in his real and magical life.
(Also, how beautiful is the piece of art? I’m in awe.)
13. “Nice wig Janice, what’s it made of?” “Your Mom’s chest hair!” – Which characters one liners would you love to claim for your own?
Dumbledore had a lot of wise one liners throughout the series, but the one above stayed with me to this day.
14. “Boo, you whore.” – Name a time a characters decision has made you roll your eyes
Aelin’s decision to be with a certain douche in Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. I just… WHY??Even after having read Empire of Storms, I simply cannot understand the reasoning behind it.
Those were all the questions for the Mean Girls book tag.
If you’re interested in answering these questions, I tag you.